S.A.M.S. (Specialised Autos and Motorcycle Services) was founded in September 1997, and currently operates from an acre site on the Heckington Industrail Estate, close to the Railway Station in Heckington, near Sleaford, Lincolnshire.
The company was first started by Dave and Lynn Bradley and operated from a small 30 square meter ‘workshop’.
From these humble beginnings, hard work and dedication, has seen the business grow to now occupy the acre site in Heckington, with 2 650 sq mts. workshops, and four full time mechanics.
- S.A.M.S started in 1997 and operated from a 30m2 workshop.
- In 1999 1 1 acre plot was bought on the Heckington Industrial Estate and a 600m2 workshop was built.
- In 2010 the neighbouring land was purchased.
- In 2011 a dedicated tyre fitting and balancing bay was built, equipped with state of the art equipment.
- In 2012 an ‘end of life’ vehicle storage facility was built (400m2).
- In 2016 the MOT facility was upgraded to include a 13ton scissor light which enables SAMS to MOT a large class 4 vehicles such as RV’s and Motorhomes.
- 2016 also saw the installation of a brand new roller brake tested with weighing scales and a print out facility for HGV’s.
We believe some of the key elements to our success are:
- Our experienced and dedicated team will always try to find the best solution to solve our customers’ particular problems and keep them informed of the progress.
- We have the capability to perform almost any build or repair, to any vehicle, on-site in our workshops.
- We are also able to accommodate off-site repairs where possible.
- Our workshops have extensive fabrication capability, and our close working relationships to several local specialist engineering and machine shops, allow us to create optimised individual solutions to difficult problems.
- We like to work in partnership with our customers to make sure we deliver what is really required.
- Our contract maintenance customers are guaranteed a flexible, adaptable, and caring response to all their needs – a total care solution.
- Although we like to sleep at nights, we realise that sometimes our customer’s needs have to be satisfied outside of normal working hours, so we really are a truly 24×7 business. Try us and see.